March 14, 2014
Step 1: Remember the economy isn’t like the weather
The economy doesn’t just happen to us. If it doesn’t work for us, we have the power, together, to change the rules.
On March 26th join us for a discussion of what North Carolina’s economy needs to create broadly shared prosperity and a training on how to communicate and advocate for public policies that can support strong economic foundations in North Carolina.
What: Discussion and training on how to build an economy that works for all
When: Wednesday, March 26, 2014; training and breakfast at 8:30 AM; lunch discussion at 12:15 PM
Where: Junior League of Raleigh, 711 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27603
RSVP: email Alexandra Sirota at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This gathering will bring together partners from diverse sectors to share and discuss current economic conditions, develop a policy agenda that creates opportunity, and builds our collective capacity to communicate and work on an agenda for an economy that works for all.
- Allan Freyer from the Budget & Tax Center will present the latest on the North Carolina’s Economy including what is really happening with unemployment and just what the long-term trends have in store for us if unchecked by policy.
- Elaine Mejia from Public Works will join us to share the latest research and help facilitate practical small group discussions to help us find effective ways to talk about the economy to meet our policy goals.
- Most importantly, we hope you will be there to share your insights and own experiences in talking about the economy and its effects on your issues.
Here are some more details:
- 8:30 start with a light breakfast and welcome at the Junior League of Raleigh, 711 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27603
- 11:45 close to the training part of the event
- 12:15 lunch – the Budget & Tax Center and NC Policy Watch will be co-hosting a Crucial Conversation with economist Dean Baker, and we hope that you will stick around to hear his perspective on what is happening in North Carolina and the country
Please RSVP to Alexandra Sirota at email@example.com.