February 24, 2012
Help us welcome the 2012 Conservative Leadership Conference
The Art Pope money machine is paying to bring a host of right-wing extremists to speak at this year’s Civitas-organized Conservative Leadership Conference, including:
- Jason Lewis, “America’s Mr. Right”, who compared paying taxes to the enslavement of African Americans.
- Vote-suppression guru, Hans Von Spakovsky, who has campaigned tirelessly for states to adopt strict Voter ID laws despite his own admission that there isn’t massive fraud in American elections.
- Charles Krauthammer, neo-conservative warmonger and serially dishonest syndicated columnist.
- Georgia Secretary of State, Brian Kemp, who joined other Georgia Republicans in perpetuating “birther” conspiracies.
- Health care reform opponent Robert E. Moffit.
- Religious zealot and homophobe, Jordan Lorence.
Topics on the agenda at the conference include “Mapping the left”, “Is Obamacare unconstitutional?”, and “Tea Party Activism.”
This conference is yet another reminder that Art Pope is the most dangerous man in N.C. politics, using his personal fortune and corporate treasury to bankroll the groups who are hosting it. We want to acknowledge this fact by helping to organize a little welcome party for the 2012 CLC attendees on afternoon of Saturday, March 3.
What: Protest Art Pope’s right-wing extremism conference
When: Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 12 noon
Where: Meet at the corner of Glenwood Ave and Marriott Drive, Raleigh, NC
Some signs will be provided.
Learn more about Art Pope at http://www.artpopeexposed.com/.