November 30, 2012
United Way and N.C. Budget & Tax Center team up on economy
Topic of winter briefings will be “Building a Stronger NC”
Our friends at the United Way and the N.C. Budget and Tax Center are teaming up and hitting the road this winter “to share the story of the economy, the state budget and how education policy, financial stability and health issues are affecting your community.”
From the invitation on the United Way website:
Throughout this interactive session, you and your community will have the opportunity to respond and help write the next chapter in the story. Be prepared to answer a few questions and to learn a few facts that you can put into action. Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect:
- How have the state budget and the economy impacted your community?
- What budget trends are developing, and how long will it take for NC to recover from the Great Recession?
- Is NC falling behind in areas like Education, Health and Financial Stability?
- How can you impact the issues you care most about? Join with others to focus your local advocacy for the greatest outcome.
This program will be offered in the following locations:
- Novmeber 27 — 9:30 a.m. Wilmington
- December 3 — 2-4 p.m. Charlotte
- December 4 — 9 a.m. Hickory
- December 5 — 9 a.m. Chapel Hill
- December 11 — 8:30 a.m. Asheville
- January 8, 2013 — 8:30 Greenville
- January 9, 2013 — 9 a.m. Triad Area
- January 10, 2013 — 3 p.m. Raleigh
Click here to learn more and RSVP for these stops on the United Way / Budget & Tax Center winter briefings.