Using history to find the path forward
We are pleased to announce that the annual Spring labor history series sponsored by N.C. Triad Jobs with Justice returns for 2013!
This year the theme will be “In the Current Crisis – The U.S. Labor Movement Fights Back!”
The six-week class will be a series of presentations and discussions, some with guest presenters, including the:
- Ongoing struggle of the Farm Labor Organizing Committee (FLOC) against
- RJR Tobacco Company, with historical context
- Walmart Workers Rising Up
- 2011/2012 Battle for Wisconsin and the 2012 Chicago Teachers Strike
- Urgent Fight to Save the Public Postal Service
- Current United Parcel Service contract struggle & the 1997 Teamsters Strike
- Other important labor battles – from the NUHW to Power on the Docks
What: Labor History lecture series
When: 2:00 to 4:00 PM every Sunday from April 21 to May 26
Where: Communication Workers of America (CWA) union hall, 129 Industrial Ave, Greensboro, NC 27406
Long-time labor activist, letter carrier / executive board member of the NALC state council, and labor educator, Richard Koritz will facilitate.
There is a nominal registration fee (a donation of $15 for individuals, $5 for low-wage earners or the unemployed) to cover the cost of books, videos, and other materials.