November 25, 2008
Join human rights organizers and social justice activists, students, youth, faith leaders, workers and union leaders in Durham, North Carolina for the seventh Southern Human Rights Organizers Conference (SHROC)
SHROC 7 will be held from December 12-14, 2008 at the Radisson Hotel Research Triangle Park, 150 Park Dr, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709.
Registration is open through the start of the conference. There is a registration fee, but no one who wants to attend will be turned away because they cannot afford to register.
Issues that will be discussed at SHROC 7 include:
- Post-Katrina Human Rights Issues
- Immigrants Rights
- Slave Plantation Workplaces
- Environmental Justice
- Hate Crimes
- The War in Iraq
- Women’s Rights as Human Rights
- Voting Rights and Felony Disenfranchisement
- Global Lock-out of the Working Poor
- Death Penalty & Racism in the Criminal Justice System
- Juvenile Justice
For more information, including details about how to register to attend SHROC 7, download the conference brochure.