Register now for our Public Speaking & Media Spokespeople Training, Thursday, April 22nd! We will educate educate participants on best practices for public speaking and how to effectively serve as a media spokesperson for their local union and/or CLC. Registration is FREE for members of NC AFL-CIO affiliates.
Topics will include:
- Preparing for public speaking like a pro with state federation president MaryBe McMillan
- Telling your own story
- Being an effective media spokesperson
- Learning tips for earning media coverage.
What: Public Speaking/Media Training
Where: Online via Zoom
When: Thursday, April 22nd from 6:30 to 8pm
Continuing our 2021 NC Labor Leadership Development Training Series
The Public Speaking & Media Spokespeople Training is the third part in our 7-part 2021 NC Labor Leadership Development Training Series happening on the 4th Thursday of each month, February through August, from 6:30 to 8pm.
Grab the latest flyer for the training series (PDF):
2021 NC Labor Leadership Development Training Series schedule:
- Virtual Lobby Training (February 25th)
- COVID Safety Campaigns (March 25th)
- Public Speaking/Media Spokespeople Training (April 22nd)
- Labor Law Part 1 (May 27th)
- Internal Organizing (June 24th)
- Labor Law Part 2 (July 22nd)
- Social Media Training (August 26th)
To help us gauge attendance, a separate registration will be required for each session.
Register now for the meeting on April 22, 2021 (Public Speaking & Media Spokespeople Training).
Head back to the Zoom registration page to register for future sessions.