February 17, 2021
Register now for our 2021 NC Labor Virtual Lobby Training (2/25)
Register now for our 2021 NC Labor Virtual Lobby Training, Thursday, February 25th! During the training, we will educate participants on the current political landscape in NC and give you the opportunity and tools to lobby for key policies or on behalf of your own local’s issues. Registration is FREE for members of NC AFL-CIO affiliates.
Topics for the Feb. 25th session will include:
- A briefing on this year’s NC General Assembly and the NC State AFL-CIO legislative agenda
- Identifying key players
- Scheduling and reaching politicians to lobby, and
- The impact of having an anti-union majority in our state legislature.
What: Virtual Lobby Training
Where: Online via Zoom
When: Thursday, February 25th from 6:30 to 8pm
Introducing the 2021 NC Labor Leadership Development Training Series
The NC Labor Virtual Lobby Training is the first part in our 7-part 2021 NC Labor Leadership Development Training Series happening on the 4th Thursday of each month, February through August, from 6:30 to 8pm.
2021 NC Labor Leadership Development Training Series schedule*:
- Virtual Lobby Training (February 25th)
- COVID Safety Campaigns (March 25th)
- Public Speaking/Media Spokespeople Training (April 22nd)
- Labor Law Part 1 (May 27th)
- Internal Organizing (June 24th)
- Labor Law Part 2 (July 22nd)
- Social Media Training (August 26th)
*some topics may change or shift based on speaker availability
To help us gauge attendance, a separate registration will be required for each session.
Register now for the meeting on Feb 25, 2021 (NC Labor Virtual Lobby Training).
Head back to the Zoom registration page to register for future sessions.