June 15, 2021
Building a bigger, more engaged, more powerful labor movement!
Our 64th Annual Convention will be held at the Hotel Ballast Wilmington, Tapestry Collection by Hilton in our state’s charming “Port City”! We hope you will say “Count me in!” to join us there on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (2 1/2 days!) October 13-15, 2021. Registration will begin at 7pm on Tues. (10/12) and continue at 8am on Wed. (10/13). The Annual Convention will convene at 9am on Wed., (10/13).
THIS IS AN ELECTION CONVENTION: 2021 is an election year for our state federation, so your FULL participation is more important than ever! Both the president and all vice presidents (board members) will stand for election to new 4-year terms. Refer to the call letter for important information about selecting delegates, the convention process, and the “caucus system” for nominating vice presidents.
What: 64th Annual Convention – INTERNAL ELECTIONS!
When: Wednesday, October 13th – Friday, October 15th (2 1/2 days!)
Where: Hotel Ballast Wilmington, 301 N Water St, Wilmington, NC 28401
Hotel: Rooms cost $159 per night plus tax. The cutoff date for placing reservations is September 9, 2021. Book your stay online (best option) at bit.ly/ncafl21hot using special rate code “AFL” or call (910) 763-5900. Reserve NOW – you can always make changes later!
How to Register
Delegates and alternates have to register the old fashioned way — with completed paper credential forms signed by your local president. Packets containing credential forms are being mailed to every affiliate. If your local union or union council has yet to receive your convention credential forms by July 1st, please check with the person or office that receives our monthly statements or call Jeremy at 919-833-6678.
- Delegate registration fees should accompany each credential when mailed to the NC State AFL-CIO.
- Delegate fees can also be paid online at bit.ly/ncafl21tix.
- Guests, retired guests, and exhibitors can register when paying online at bit.ly/ncafl21tix.
- Delegates/alternates who pay by August 31st will be charged the “Early Bird Rate.”
- Delegates/alternates who pay September 1st – 30th will be charged the “Standard Rate.”
- Delegates/alternates who pay from October 1st will be charged the “Late Rate” – so don’t delay!
The registration fees this year will be as follows:
|Convention Registration Fee Types||Early Bird Rate (available until Aug. 31st)||Standard Rate (September 1st-30th)||Late Rate (October 1st-until)|