June 14, 2010
Support public employees
Join us on Lobby Day, Tuesday, June 15. Come to Raleigh and lobby the General Assembly to repeal the ban on collective bargaining and give state agencies and localities the option to negotiate a contract with their employees. Help make sure all employees in North Carolina – private and public – have the right to a voice at work.
What: Collective Bargaining Lobby Day
When: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 starting at 9:00 AM
Where: State Archives auditorium, 109 East Jones Street, Raleigh, NC
RSVP for Lobby Day by sending a message to email@example.com.
Virtual Lobby Day is happening now
Can’t be in Raleigh on Tuesday? You can still support our efforts by calling and emailing your state representative and senator. Click here to find your legislators. Tell them you support the repeal of the bargaining ban because:
- Public employees make NC work. Our quality of life depends on them.
- Public employees should not have less rights on the job than workers at McDonalds or Walmart.
- Public employees can help balance state and local budgets and collective bargaining would give them a seat at the table and a voice in how to do it.
- Repealing the ban would empower state agencies and local leaders to decide for themselves whether to bargain with employees.
- Ending a Jim Crow injustice matters even today, 51 years after the ban sought to prevent whites and non-whites from working together on the job.
Download the flyer (opens PDF) for Collective Bargaining Lobby Day and promote this event within your networks.